Frequently Asked Questions
Is a yoga retreat for me? An AZA Yoga retreat is designed for everyone. You do not need to have extensive yoga experience to fully enjoy our retreats. We construct our retreats for all levels of yoga participants from beginners to those with years of advanced training. One can even choose not to join our yoga sessions and find an independent way of enjoying our magnificent location. The important thing is to show up with an open mind and have fun.
What accommodations can travelers expect? An AZA Yoga retreat is designed as a high-end, luxury vacation. Hotels are carefully selected among the top rated, four and five star hotels of the world. Full descriptions are always provided. AZA Yoga will be available to answer any detailed questions you may have to help determine if a destination is suitable for you.
Can I attend a retreat by myself? Absolutely! AZA Yoga retreats are great for couples, friends and family, but the majority of retreat takers travel alone. It's a great opportunity to meet interesting people and make new friends. It also allows one to rediscover their center and relish their time away from the norm.
If I am a solo traveler, may I share a room to save costs? Yes, we can place you with someone who is also looking to share a room. We can include you in assisting us in the process, if desired. In the event a roommate is not available, you will be responsible for a single occupancy rate.
What does a retreat package include? AZA Yoga travelers receive accommodations, fully guided sightseeing tours, at least one spa service, yoga classes and welcome kit. Depending on the retreat location, some meals, additional spa services, airport transfers to/from hotels may be added.
What is not included in the retreat package? International and internal airfares; costs associated with obtaining passports, entry visas, reciprocity and border fees; gratuities; food and drink other than that specified in the itinerary; personal expenses and additional personal activities are not included.
What can travelers expect on a typical day? An AZA Yoga traveler can expect one to two yoga sessions per day, an excursion or group activity, group meals, and personal time for exploration and fun. There may be days without any excursions or activities. (Check specific retreat itineraries for full specific details.)
Sample Daily Itinerary:
- 8:00 am -Yoga Practice
- 9:30 am -Breakfast
- 12:00 pm -Excursion or Group Activity with Lunch
- 4:00 pm -Restorative Yoga Practice
- 6:30 pm -Dinner
- 9:00 pm -Optional Group Activity (on selected evenings)
What is the payment schedule? A nonrefundable $750 deposit is required to secure a spot. Full payment is due within 60 days of retreat. Payments can be paid with credit card, check or bank transfer. Should a traveler cancel their reservation 90 days or more before the start of the retreat, the deposit may be applied toward another AZA Yoga retreat occurring within the following 12 months.
What is the cancellation policy? Cancellations must be received in writing and will become effective on the date of receipt or email. Please note: There will be no refunds or discounts for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays or illness.
- 31-90 days prior to the start of the yoga retreat, the traveler will receive 100% credit of the cost of the full retreat toward another AZA Yoga retreat(s) within 12 months.
- 0-30 days prior to the start of the yoga retreat, the traveler will receive no refunds or credits.
Do you recommend travel insurance? We recommend Travel Guard, which offers a variety of travel insurance. Travel Insurance can protect against:
- the traveler canceling participation in the yoga retreat
- cancellation due to weather, natural disaster
- lost baggage
- medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become ill or injured
Travel Guard has a comprehensive “Gold Package." Under this policy, the traveler can cancel up to 48 hours prior for any reason. Contact Travel Guard for coverage options.
What should I bring on a retreat?
- Appropriate clothing for country's climate. Be mindful of local customs.
- Yoga clothing
- Yoga mat (if not provided by hotel)
- Good walking shoes and flip flops/sandals.
- Refillable water bottle
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, sunhat
- Insect repellent
- Prescriptions and medication
- Charging cables for electronics
For overseas travel:
- Voltage converter and adapter plugs
- US dollars converted to local currency
- Passport and copy of passport in a separate place for international travel